Bowie FC is a volunteer organization and often needs volunteer coaches. Volunteering to coach in our program is a great way to develop your coaching skills and give back to the community. By being a head coach, you:
- Get to set your practice schedule (day and time),
- pick your practice field,
- are provided a refund of your registration fee after the season when you return your equipment, and
- have access to The Coaching Manual to help your plan your training sessions.
Expectations for Coaches
Bowie FC is committed to providing a safe, positive, constructive environment in which our players will grow their passion for the game. By taking a player-centric approach, our coaches focus on meeting the player where they are developmentally and growing each player’s technical skills so that they can reach their highest potential. We set high expectations for our coaches, including that they will:
- Model the program’s core values.
- Be a leader.
- Represent Bowie FC in a positive way, on and off the pitch.
- Meet players where they are developmentally.
- Continue to grow and develop their coaching skills.
- Be prepared for all practices and games.
- Set and communicate clear expectations for their team.
- Care about the success of each player, on and off the pitch.
- Remember that the players are always watching.