Bowie FC is committed to ensuring players from all walks of life and soccer backgrounds have a place to grow and develop their technical abilities. We strive to develop skilled soccer players to their highest potential in a positive, fun, and competitive environment.
Our program is grounded in three core values:
- Respect. Everything that we do starts with respect. We respect ourselves, our teammates, our opponents, the officials, and the game. We show this respect every time we walk onto the pitch through the effort we give and the sportsmanship we exhibit.
- Teamwork. We believe team success is more important than individual glory, and that working together anything is possible. We value every member of the team and the unique talents and experiences they bring.
- Preparation. We seek excellence in all that we do and know that excellence is a product of hard work and preparation.
At Bowie FC, we teach a possession-based style of play that focuses on building out from the back, playing through the lines, and creating scoring chances through ball movement. We emphasis the quality and importance of each touch and pass to maintain possession. If we do lose the ball, we apply high pressure to collapse the field and win the ball back quickly.
Expectations for Players
Each player is an important member of Bowie FC. They can expect to be supported in their journey to push their soccer skills and knowledge to the next level. In turn, they are expected to:
- Take responsibility for their own growth and development.
- Arrive to practices on time and prepared to work and learn.
- Be a good teammate.
- Ask questions if they need more guidance or instructions.
- Be a leader.
- Represent Bowie FC in a positive way, on and off the pitch.
- Wear shin guards for both practice and games.
- Have soccer cleats. Baseball and football cleats are NOT allowed.
- Have their own ball for practices.